Business research in Uppsala
The Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University has provided an active and dynamic research environment for over 50 years, and has played a significant role internationally in the area of business studies. Research performed at the Department has had a particular impact in the fields of Accounting and Finance (intellectual capital and valuation), International Business (The Uppsala School), Marketing (Industrial Marketing and Purchasing [IMP]) and Organisation Studies (institutional theory). Current research has increasingly been directed towards the field of Entrepreneurship.
In a recent article in International Business Review (2006, 15: 317-38) the Department was ranked as sixth in the world in terms of number of publications in the four leading international business journals. Research results have been published in top-ranked journals, as well as by leading publishing houses.
- Chetty, S., Partanen, J., Rasmussen, E. and Servais, P. (2014) Contextualising case studies in entrepreneurship: A tandem approach to conducting a longitudinal cross-country case study, International Small Business Journal, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 818-829.
- Chetty, S., Partanen, J., Rasmussen, E. and Servais, P. (2014) A tandem approach to conducting a longitudinal cross-country case study examining SME growth, International Small Business Journal, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 818-829.
- Persson, S., Lundberg, H. and Elbe, J. (2014) On the discursive contest of an international M&A relationship development process within financial services, International Business Review, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1064-1073.
- Papageorgiadis, N., Cross, A. and Alexiou, C. (2014) International patent systems strength 1998-2011, Journal of world business (Print), vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 586-597.
- Chetty, S., Johanson, M. and Martín, O. (2014) Speed of internationalization: Conceptualization, measurement and validation, Journal of world business (Print), vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 633-650.
- Lagerström, K. and Schweizer, R. (2015) Tapping into India’s Innovation Potential: Consequences for a Western Multinational Enterprise and the Case of SKF in McKelvey, M. och Bagchi-Sen, S.
Innovation Spaces in Asia: Entrepreneurs, Multinational Enterprises and Policy. Cheltenham, U.K: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lagerström, K. and Schweizer, R. (2014) A Business Tale on Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage in the Corporate World: A Conceptual Framework of Firms' Disintegration Process in Alvstam, Claes Göran, Dolles, Harald and Ström, Patrik
Asian Inward and Outward FDI: New Challenges in the Global Economy.
- Ljung, A. (2014) Expansion to the Amazonian Base of the Pyramid through cross-sector relationships: – A case for the Uppsala model?. European International Business Association.
- Ljung, A. (2014) “Overcoming institutional distance through cross-sector collaborations, encountering sector distance”. Cross Sector Social Interaction Symposium at Suffolk University.
- Hadjikhani, A. (2014) Path-dependence and executive expectations in the internationalizing firm. European International Business Academy (EIBA) 40th Annual Conference, Uppsala University, Sweden December 11–13, 2014.
- Gebert Persson, S., Gidhagen, M., Sallis, J. and Lundberg, H. (2014) The use or non-use of an online insurance service. 47th Academy of Marketing Conference, Bournemouth, United Kingdom, 47th Academy of Marketing Conference, Jan Wallanders och Tom Hedelius stiftelse.
- Gidhagen, M., Havila, V. and Christopher J., M. (2014) Activating Dormant Resources: Two cases of business reconfiguring. IMP Asia Conference 2014, Bali, Indonesia, IMP Asia Conference 2014, Jan Wallanders och Tom Hedelius stiftelse.
- Safari, A. (2014) Factors affecting consumers’ psychic distance. European International Business Academy (EIBA) 40th Annual Conference, Uppsala University, Sweden December 11–13, 2014.
- Sörhammar, D. and Brunsson, K. (2014) Second-hand market prices. Score International Conference on Organizing Markets, Score International Conference on Organizing Markets.