Business research in Uppsala
The Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University has provided an active and dynamic research environment for over 50 years, and has played a significant role internationally in the area of business studies. Research performed at the Department has had a particular impact in the fields of Accounting and Finance (intellectual capital and valuation), International Business (The Uppsala School), Marketing (Industrial Marketing and Purchasing [IMP]) and Organisation Studies (institutional theory). Current research has increasingly been directed towards the field of Entrepreneurship.
In a recent article in International Business Review (2006, 15: 317-38) the Department was ranked as sixth in the world in terms of number of publications in the four leading international business journals. Research results have been published in top-ranked journals, as well as by leading publishing houses.
- Brunsson, K. (2016) A Dual Perspective on Management, Athens Journal of Business and Economics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 291-302.
- Vedel, M., Holma, A. and Havila, V. (2016) Conceptualizing inter-organizational triads, Industrial Marketing Management.
- Thilenius, P., Pahlberg, C. and Havila, V. (2016) Extending the Business Network Approach: New Territories, New Technologies, New Terms. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Thilenius, P., Pahlberg, C. and Havila, V. (2016) Extending Business Network Approach - New Territories, New Technologies, New Terms. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Fjellström, D. and Zander, L. (2016) Assymetrical Adaptation Patterns: Knowledge transfer in the Chinese-Swedish cultural context. in Lejeune, C
Knowledge transfer and cultural diversity in MNCs. L'Harmattan.
- Gebert Persson, S. and Kaptálan-Nagy, E. (2016) Legitimacy in the Business Network Context in Thilenius, P., Pahlberg, C. and Havila, V.
Extending the Business Network Approach: New Territories, New Technologies, New Terms. Springer London.
- Gidhagen, M. and Havila, V. (2016) From Business Remains to Reactivated Relationships in Extending Business Network Approach - New Territories, New Technologies, New Terms. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gullberg, C. and Lindvall, J. (2016) Att agera controller in Strategisk ekonomistyrning - med dialog i fokus. Studentlitteratur.
- Lind, P. and Solomon, G. (2016) The Selection Process: A critical aspect of Business incubation in Prof. Wadid Lamine, University of Toulouse
Technology Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation. London: Imperial College Press.
- Vural, D. (2016) Voluntary disclosure practices by Founding-family firms. European Accounting Association (EAA) 2016 - Maastricht.
- Lind, P. (2016) The impact of technological development on island societies. “ISISA Islands of the World XIV Conference 2016”. Aegean University, Lesvos, Greece..
- Lind, P. (2016) . Наука, Бизнес, Правительство – Триада регионального развития.
- Frimanson, L., Hartmann, F. and Hornbach, J. (2016) Accountability and Stress: A Neurobiological Analysis. 2016 Annual Conference on Management Accounting Research.
- Fischer, T. (2016) Applying the REA Model to a BI Solution in the Car Industry. The Swedish Research School of Management and Information Technology.