Business research in Uppsala
The Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University has provided an active and dynamic research environment for over 50 years, and has played a significant role internationally in the area of business studies. Research performed at the Department has had a particular impact in the fields of Accounting and Finance (intellectual capital and valuation), International Business (The Uppsala School), Marketing (Industrial Marketing and Purchasing [IMP]) and Organisation Studies (institutional theory). Current research has increasingly been directed towards the field of Entrepreneurship.
In a recent article in International Business Review (2006, 15: 317-38) the Department was ranked as sixth in the world in terms of number of publications in the four leading international business journals. Research results have been published in top-ranked journals, as well as by leading publishing houses.
- Blomkvist, K., Kappen, P. and Zander, I. (2017) Gone are the creatures of yesteryear? On the diffusion of technological capabilities in the ‘modern’ MNC, Journal of world business (Print), vol. 52, no. 1.
- Weinryb, N. and Bubela, T. (2016) Stepping Into and Out of the Void: Funding Dynamics of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research in California, Sweden, and South Korea, Stem Cell Reviews, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 8-14.
- Lakemond, N. and Tell, F. (2016) Öppen innovation - i teori och praktik, Management of Innovation and Technology, no. 3, pp. 10-11.
- Andersson, D. and Tell, F. (2016) Patent agencies and the emerging market for patenting services in Sweden, 1885-1914, Entreprises et Histoire, no. 82, pp. 11-31.
- Blankenburg Holm, D., Haq, H. and Drogendijk, R. (2016) Attention in words, not in deeds: Effects of attention dissonance on headquarters-subsidiarycommunication in multinational corporations, Journal of world business (Print).
- Papageorgiadis, N., Alexiou, C. and Nellis, J. (2016) International licensing revisited: the role of copyright and trademark enforcement strength, European Journal of Innovation Management, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 261-275.
- Vedel, M., Holma, A. and Havila, V. (2016) Conceptualizing inter-organizational triads, Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 57, pp. 139-147.
- Yildiz, H. and Fey, C. (2016) Are the extent and effect of psychic distance perceptions symmetrical in cross-border M&As?: Evidence from a two-country study, Journal of International Business Studies, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 830-857.
- Lind, P. (2016) Lighthouses, pilotage and technology: the impact on small island societies, Island Studies Journal, vol. 11, no. 2.