Business research in Uppsala
The Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University has provided an active and dynamic research environment for over 50 years, and has played a significant role internationally in the area of business studies. Research performed at the Department has had a particular impact in the fields of Accounting and Finance (intellectual capital and valuation), International Business (The Uppsala School), Marketing (Industrial Marketing and Purchasing [IMP]) and Organisation Studies (institutional theory). Current research has increasingly been directed towards the field of Entrepreneurship.
In a recent article in International Business Review (2006, 15: 317-38) the Department was ranked as sixth in the world in terms of number of publications in the four leading international business journals. Research results have been published in top-ranked journals, as well as by leading publishing houses.
- Sigfusson, T. and Chetty, S. (2013) Building international entrepreneurial virtual networks in cyberspace, Journal of world business (Print), vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 260-270.
- Andersen, P. and Åberg, S. (2013) Selling to the Base of the Pyramid, Mercury Magazine, no. 4, pp. 58-63.
- Åberg, S. (2013) The Role of Science in Industry, Mercury Magazine, no. 4, pp. 38-41.
- Caesarius, L. (2013) In the Head of A Successful Entrepreneur, Mercury Magazine, no. 4, pp. 16-17.
- Caesarius, L. and Hohenthal, J. (2013) Consultants at Work: Insight Into the Consulting Industry, Mercury Magazine, no. 4, pp. 28-37.
- Blom, M. and Grünberg, J. (2013) Corporate Governance in Lars Strannegård and Alexander Styhre
Management: An advanced introduction. Lund: Studentlitteratur.
- Caesarius, L. and Hohenthal, J. (2013) Marknadsföring och Nya Medier in Cecilia Pahlberg, Anna Bengtsson
Marknadsföring: - så mycket mer än reklam. Lund: Studentlitteratur.
- Bartlett, J., Pallas, J. and Frostenson, M. (2013) Reputation and Legitimacy: Accreditation and Rankings to Assess Organizations in Craig E. Carroll
The Handbook of Communication and Corporate Reputation. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Osowski, D. (2013) From Illusiveness to Genuineness: Routines, Trading Zones, Tools and Emotions in Sales Work, Doctoral thesis / Företagsekonomiska institutionen, Uppsala universitet. ISSN: 1103-8454, Department of Business Studies, Uppsala University.
- Lundström, R. (2013) Comparing Procurement Methods in Road Construction Projects: Influence on Uncertainty, Interaction and Knowledge, Doctoral thesis / Företagsekonomiska institutionen, Uppsala universitet. ISSN: 1103-8454, Företagsekonomiska institutionen.