Business research in Uppsala
The Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University has provided an active and dynamic research environment for over 50 years, and has played a significant role internationally in the area of business studies. Research performed at the Department has had a particular impact in the fields of Accounting and Finance (intellectual capital and valuation), International Business (The Uppsala School), Marketing (Industrial Marketing and Purchasing [IMP]) and Organisation Studies (institutional theory). Current research has increasingly been directed towards the field of Entrepreneurship.
In a recent article in International Business Review (2006, 15: 317-38) the Department was ranked as sixth in the world in terms of number of publications in the four leading international business journals. Research results have been published in top-ranked journals, as well as by leading publishing houses.
- Bai, W., Holmström_Lind, C. and Johanson, M. (2016) The performance of international returnee ventures: the role of networking capability and the usefulness of international business knowledge, Entrepreneurship & Regional Development.
- Lindh, C., Thilenius, P. and Hadjikhani, A. (2016) Distrust online in the financial services market: The relevance of experiential knowledge and information exchange, Journal of Customer Behavior, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 173-191.
- Forsgren, M. (2016) A Note on the revisited Uppsala Internationalization Process Model: Implications of Business Networks and Entrepreneurship, Journal of International Business Studies.
- Engwall, L. and Hedmo, T. (2016) The Organizing of Scientific Fields: The Case of Corpus Linguistics, European Review, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1-24.
- Latifi, M. (2016) The Role of NGOS in Business-To-Business Markets in Groza, M. D. & Ragland, C. B.
Marketing Challenges in a Turbulent Business Environment. Springer.
- Leite, E. and Latifi, M. (2016) The Role of the NGOs in Business Network: Partnership in Innovation in Thilenius, Peter, Pahlberg, Cecilia, Havila, Virpi (Eds.)
Extending the Business Network Approach. UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Engwall, L., Pahlberg, C. and Persson, O. (2016) The Emergence of the Business Network Approach in Peter Thilenius, Cecilia Pahlberg, Virpi Havila
Extending the Business Network Approach: New Territories, New Technologies, New Terms. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Leite, E. and Bengtson, A. (2016) A Business Network View on Value Creation and Capturing in Public-Private Cooperation. 2016 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM), Competitive section (oral presentation), Anaheim, California.
- Baraldi, E., Ciabuschi, F., Gregori, G., Lindahl, O. and Perna, A. (2016) Industrial Networks, Internationalization and Subsidiaries Development: The Case of Loccioni and its Foreign Subsidiaries. 32nd IMP Conference.