Business research in Uppsala
The Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University has provided an active and dynamic research environment for over 50 years, and has played a significant role internationally in the area of business studies. Research performed at the Department has had a particular impact in the fields of Accounting and Finance (intellectual capital and valuation), International Business (The Uppsala School), Marketing (Industrial Marketing and Purchasing [IMP]) and Organisation Studies (institutional theory). Current research has increasingly been directed towards the field of Entrepreneurship.
In a recent article in International Business Review (2006, 15: 317-38) the Department was ranked as sixth in the world in terms of number of publications in the four leading international business journals. Research results have been published in top-ranked journals, as well as by leading publishing houses.
- Engwall, L. (2014) The recruitment of university top leaders: Politics, communities and markets in interaction, Scandinavian Journal of Management, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 332-343.
- Pallas, J. (2014) The course of media literacy: or when is time to fire the PR-consultant, Mercury Magazine, vol. 6, pp. 60-63.
- Pallas, J., Fredriksson, M. and Olsson, E. (2014) Creativity Caged in Translation: A Neo-Institutional Perspective on Crisis Communication, Revista Académica de Relaciones Internacionales.
- Pallas, J., Fredriksson, M. and Wehmeier, S. (2015) Public Relations and Neo-institutional theory in R. L. Heath and A. Gregory
Strategic Communication: SAGE Benchmarks in Communication. London: Routledge.
- Pallas, J. (2015) Mediatization in Debra Merskin & J. Geoffrey Golson
The SAGE International Encyclopedia of Mass Media and Society. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
- Pallas, J. and Fredriksson, M. (2014) Media enactments: where to look for inspiration in mediatization studies in Pallas, J., S. Johnsson & L. Strannegård
.) Organizations and the Media: Organizing in a mediatized world. London: Routledge.
- Pallas, J., Jonsson, S. and Strannegård, L. (2014) Media and Organizations: Images, Practices and Organizing in Pallas, J., S. Johnsson & L. Strannegård
Organizations and the Media: Organizing in a mediatized world. Routledge. London: Routledge.
- Pallas, J. and Fredriksson, M. (2015) Determinants of Mediatization: An Analysis of the Adaptation of Swedish Government Agencies to News Media. ECREA TWG Mediatization Workshop, Rethinking the Mediatization of Politics.
- Pallas, J. and Fredriksson, M. (2014) Responses to mediatization: A case of Swedish governmental agency. 30th European Group of Organizational Studies Colloquium - Reimagining, Rethinking, Reshaping: Organizational Scholarship in Unsettled Times, Reconceptualizing Contemporary Public Services Organizations.
- Pallas, J. (2014) The coherent multiversity. ECREA's 5th European Communication Conference, INCONSISTENCIES AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION, Vetenskapsrådet.
- Tähtinen, J. and Havila, V. (2014) Clarifying Business Relationship Ending Research. 8th Nordic Workshop on Relationship Dynamics (NoRD2014), Oslo, Norway, September 15-17.
- Poblete, L., Bengtson, A. and Havila, V. (2014) What do we know about the re-activation of business relationships?. 30th Annual IMP Conference, Bordeaux, France, September 4-6..
- Gidhagen, M., Havila, V. and Medlin, C. (2014) Business Closure – What’s Next? Two cases of reconfiguring business networks. 8th Nordic Workshop on Relationship Dynamics (NoRD2014), Oslo, Norway, September 15-17.
- Gidhagen, M. and Havila, V. (2014) Resuming Ended Business Relationships: The Impact of Relationship Remains. 30th Annual IMP Conference, Bordeaux, France, September 4-6.