Business research in Uppsala
The Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University has provided an active and dynamic research environment for over 50 years, and has played a significant role internationally in the area of business studies. Research performed at the Department has had a particular impact in the fields of Accounting and Finance (intellectual capital and valuation), International Business (The Uppsala School), Marketing (Industrial Marketing and Purchasing [IMP]) and Organisation Studies (institutional theory). Current research has increasingly been directed towards the field of Entrepreneurship.
In a recent article in International Business Review (2006, 15: 317-38) the Department was ranked as sixth in the world in terms of number of publications in the four leading international business journals. Research results have been published in top-ranked journals, as well as by leading publishing houses.
- Vedel, M., Holma, A. and Havila, V. (2016) Conceptualizing inter-organizational triads, Industrial Marketing Management.
- Brunsson, N., Ahrne, G. and Kerwer, D. (2016) The paradox of organizing states, International Studies Review.
- Brunsson, N., Ahrne, G. and Seidl, D. (2016) Resurrecting Organization by Going Beyond Organizations, European Management Journal, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 93-101.
- Thilenius, P., Pahlberg, C. and Havila, V. (2016) Extending Business Network Approach - New Territories, New Technologies, New Terms. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Iacovides, M., Bergström, M. and Strand, M. (2016) Harmonising EU Competition Litigation - The New Directive and Beyond. Oxford: Hart Publishing Ltd.
- Gidhagen, M. and Havila, V. (2016) From Business Remains to Reactivated Relationships in Extending Business Network Approach - New Territories, New Technologies, New Terms. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gullberg, C. and Lindvall, J. (2016) Att agera controller in Strategisk ekonomistyrning - med dialog i fokus. Studentlitteratur.
- Lind, P. and Solomon, G. (2016) The Selection Process: A critical aspect of Business incubation in Prof. Wadid Lamine, University of Toulouse
Technology Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation. London: Imperial College Press.
- Brunsson, N. and Ahrne, G. (2016) Las organizaciones internacionales como metaorganizaciones in Zamudio, L., Arellano, D. and Culebro, J.
Puentes, fronteras y murallas disciplinarias. 3. Mexico CF: CIDE.
- Lagerström, K. and Schweizer, R. (2016) HRM challanges during the development of local R&D capability in Asia in Linda Berg, Inge Ivarsson, Rutger Lindahl och Patrik Ström
Gränsöverskridande: Vänbok till Claes G. Alvstam. Torsten Söderbergs stiftelse. Göteborg: Förlag Göteborgs Universitet.
- Lind, P. (2016) The impact of technological development on island societies. “ISISA Islands of the World XIV Conference 2016”. Aegean University, Lesvos, Greece..
- Lind, P. (2016) . Наука, Бизнес, Правительство – Триада регионального развития.
- Frimanson, L., Hartmann, F. and Hornbach, J. (2016) Accountability and Stress: A Neurobiological Analysis. 2016 Annual Conference on Management Accounting Research.
- Fischer, T. (2016) Applying the REA Model to a BI Solution in the Car Industry. The Swedish Research School of Management and Information Technology.
- Erlingsdottir, G., Lindholm, C. and Sandberg, H. (2016) Patient access to digital medical records and the struggle for professional power in the media. Media and Transgression Conference, Lund, March 2016.