- Doctoral student at Department of Business Studies
Pao T. Kao is a PhD candidate in the Department of Business Studies at Uppsala University. His thesis project aims to understand the internationalisation of Swedish firms to and within China, with a focus on opportunity development and institutional changes. His research concerns the interplay of knowledge and commitment in the internationalisation of the firm, the uncertainty that occurs during this process, and the management of opportunity, challenges and risk. His interests include the post-market entry operations of firms in foreign countries, and the outward internationalisation of firms from emerging markets. In addition, he is working with the network perspective in internationalisation, and entrepreneurship theory.
Mr. Kao previously received an MSc in International Business from the University of Nottingham, and an MA in Media and Communications from the University of Westminster. He has also been a visiting scholar at the Nordic Centre in Fudan University and expects to defend his thesis in the spring of 2013.
Mr. Kao's current research projects:
- The Internationalisation Processes of the Firm
- MNC's Internaitonlization of R&D activities in emerging markets
Mr. Kao's has acted as a reviewer for these following conference:
- Academy of International Business;
- Academy of International Business UK & Ireland;
- European International Business Academy.
- Journal of Management Studies
Kontakta katalogansvarig vid den aktuella organisationen (institution eller motsv.) för att rätta ev. felaktigheter.